3.20.2014

Starting Over (the first post is always the hardest)



Hello Friends! It's Amy here. Remember me?

Welcome to my new/old space. I did something kind of drastic late last year: I archived my past three years of posts. And by archived, I mean I deleted the entire history of this blog. The decision wasn't made lightly. It was the result of months of thinking and dreaming, and maybe some agonizing too. In the end I chose to free up some space around here. De-clutter. It's unconventional, but the process has been wonderfully freeing.

Around the same time as my blog meltdown, I moved into a new/old apartment. It's a tiny thing, located in the same charming neighbourhood that I've been calling home for almost 4 years now. Living here has meant purging a good many of my belongings. Um, did I mention it's tiny? The situation has it's quirks, but this new living space feels right.

This new blog space does too.

So, after a long hiatus, I'm stepping back into the blogosphere just in time for Spring! I'm not making any long term commitments to this blog, or to my apartment for that matter. Past experiences have shown me that life shifts constantly, and sooner or later (I'm hoping for later), me and my blog will need to pack up and change our surroundings once again. Here's to a new and unpredictable adventure!

14 comments:

  1. Looking forward to whatever fills your new blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelly! It feels good to be back.

      Delete
  2. Nice to have you back, Amy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the best way to do and have fun ...... you can't force creativity. You also can't restrain yourself either because then as dumb as this sounds ..... creativity will leave until you let go. Your picture reminds me of the first picture I took right before my career as a photographer started.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, Tracey!
      Love that you took a similar shot before you launched your amazing career as a photographer.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Hello, Heather! Thanks for stopping by. It's great to "see" you again.

      Delete
  5. Well it sounds like a lot of new and exciting things happening. Welcome back Amy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Santa! It feels good to be back.

      Delete
  6. So happy to see you back, Amy, I've missed you!! Keep doing what works for you and having fun with your blog! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christine! I've missed you too. So happy to be chatting with you all again.

      Delete
  7. Welcome back, Amy!! Glad to have you back on the blogosphere. Looking forward to seeing what you get up to! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Gemma. It's so lovely having you stop by and say hello.

      Delete

I love hearing from you.